The Consumers’ Association –Malta today sent its proposals to the main political parties in Malta. Our analysis of the present situation in the sector led to these proposals which should be taken up during the next legislature.
This analysis and proposals are based on the experience we had amassed during our work these last thirty years. The aim is to ensure that apart from identifying and solving the main problems in this sector, these proposals should form the basis through which local consumers enhance their trust in the local market.
These proposals are based on the following principles:
- Everyone should operate in a transparent and accountable way;
- Consumers’ interests should be given the same importance as those of businesses’;
- Guarantee that there is enough space within the consumer affairs structure where they can perform their role in a sustainable manner;
- Ensure compliance with the regulations;
- Ensure that competent management of Authorities set up in the different economic sectors to safeguard consumers’ interest.
These proposals, in Maltese, can be viewed in the attached document.
20 May 2017